Question about 1992 Cadillac DeVille
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: New fuel pump will not pump!
first all i do all of the repairs on my cars and i have got a bad fuel pump once but i would like for you to checkout all of the wire and make sure they are right and after make sure the fuel pump relay is good and the fuse for the sending is good
Posted on Feb 12, 2009
hello. it should be located under your car on a line that's coming off your fuel tank and yes you can do this your self very easy to do ,you'll need a few box/open ended wrenches that's it you'll need to check the fitting or the nut on each side of the filter to see what the sizes are,befor removing the filter you'll want to take off your gas cap and remove your neg battery cable ,not when you find the filter it'll have nut on each side all you have to do it loosen them but make sure that you don't break the fuel line or kink it and after you have both sides loose then just finish turning them off and there you go the filter is off, nope no removing the gas tank some newer models you do and the filter is attached to your fuel pump and don't need replaced but for your car and year you wont need to remove the tank. good luck
Posted on Mar 25, 2009
You just need to go through a simple Idle Relearn Process.
The Idle Speed Control motor will cause the accelerator pedal to tap and the car will surge back and forth, actually acting like there is a lack of power during intial startup.
Whenever a battery is changed, went dead or the ECM computer is replaced.
In order to make the engine run normal again, you need to take the car through a relearn process. Otherwise the idle could be very slow or have a 30mph idle.
To enable it to relearn, here's what to do.
1) Disconnect the battery cable for 15 minutes, before hooking it back up.
2) (KOEO) Turn the Key On with Engine Off, just so the electronics are on, but without starting the engine and turn the climate control panel to off.
3) Push the off and warmer buttons on the climate control panel at the same time and hold for up to 5 seconds for the computer to go into diagnostics.
On the fuel panel screen it will display 888 then E52 and then 70.
When it gets to 7.0 shut off the key for 1 minute.
4) Repeat step 3, two more times.
5) Start the engine without pushing on the accelerator pedal and let it run for 18 minutes with the climate control panel off.
6) After 18 minutes put your foot on the brake and shift into drive and wait 1 minute.
7) Then turn on the a/c by pushing the auto button. It needs to be warmer than 60 degrees F so the compressor can engage. Wait 1 more minute.
8) Put the shifter back in park and turn the key off.
9) Wait 1 minute
10) Idle relearn is now complete and the engine should start and run correctly.
Posted on Sep 16, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Jul 04, 2017 | 1990 Cadillac Deville
Sep 25, 2017 | 1992 Cadillac DeVille
Aug 27, 2011 | 1992 Cadillac DeVille
Jun 07, 2010 | 1992 Cadillac DeVille
Dec 07, 2009 | 1992 Cadillac DeVille
Oct 08, 2009 | 1992 Cadillac DeVille
Sep 17, 2017 | 1997 Cadillac DeVille
Feb 12, 2009 | 1992 Cadillac DeVille
62 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: