Question about Seat Leon
HOW DO I REPLACE BATTERY ON CENTRAL LOCKING KEY FOB
Posted by Anonymous on
My light isent lighting up and i dont know how to put the battres in
Posted on Jun 14, 2013
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
SOURCE: key fob will not undo
If you don't have one that works for the vehicle now, you'll have to take it to your local dealer to have it programmed to the vehicle. Some will charge for this, some will do it at no charge.
If you do have a remote that is programmed and working for the vehicle, then the following steps will allow you to program another remote:
1. Enter vehicle and close all doors.
2. Put seatbelt on (or clip it into the buckle) to shut the warning buzzer off.
3. Put key in ignition, turn to run position but don't start it.
4. Press and hold the unlock button on the working key fob and hold for 4 seconds, then also press the panic button.
5. Release both buttons and you should hear a single chime to indicate it is in program mode. You have 30 seconds after the chime to program any additional remotes you want to program.
6. Press and release both the unlock and lock buttons simultaneously on the remote you are programming. You should hear another single chime.
7. Within 4 seconds after hearing the chime, press either lock or unlock button on remote that you are programming.
Posted on Oct 16, 2008
SOURCE: porsche key fob
If the key had gone faulty, the key code must be re programmed on the vehicle computer. This can be done only using a PIWIS tool, available at the dealer or at a qualified Porche garage.
Try also the following reset:
turn ignition on,
remove the transponder from the column
push any button on the fob within 6 seconds.
This procedure will reset the key synchronizing again with the vehicle computer.
Posted on Sep 13, 2008
check the obvious first beacuse this doesnt really seem llike a problem with the key , if the key needs resetting you will not be able to start the car with that key. has the battery in the key fob
been low or been replaced recently
, make sure all the doors are properly shut includind the bootlid , as most modern cars cenral locking systems does the lock unlock if a door is only partially shut,
resetting a key is not a diy job . the key needs to go to a locksmith or peugeot dealer .
let us know how you get on
and please rate
Posted on May 19, 2009
unlock with key and hold key over for 30 secs(windows may go down)then lock with key and hold over for 30 secs(windows may go up)then press remote unlock button and hold for 30 secs,you have just reset system...the closer you have to get to the car for the remote to work the lower the battery power.sensor on top of dash(little black dimple)rarely,if at all, goes wrong.....
Posted on Jun 11, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Apr 16, 2014 | 2001 Nissan Almera Tino
Mar 19, 2014 | Seat Ibiza Cars & Trucks
Sep 10, 2012 | Volvo S40 Cars & Trucks
May 13, 2012 | 2002 Renault Clio
Apr 12, 2010 | 2000 Ford Focus
Aug 30, 2009 | 1999 Honda CR-V
Aug 26, 2009 | 2003 Volkswagen Passat
3,224 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: