covered under my warranty. Do you have extended warranty ? Regular warranty was up long time ago . You mite check anyway. This is a electronic problem , SJB - smart junction box is a electronic module that controls the lights .
Principles of Operation
The smart junction box (SJB) monitors the headlamp switch position by sending multiple voltage reference signals to the headlamp switch. When the headlamp switch is in any given position, that input signal is routed to ground.
When the SJB receives an input from the headlamp switch indicating a request for the parking lamps, the SJB energizes the parking lamp relay, which supplies voltage to the exterior lamps.
Inspection and Verification
- Verify the customer concern.
- Visually inspect the following for obvious signs of mechanical or electrical damage.
Visual Inspection Chart
- Smart junction box (SJB) fuse 4 (15A) (parking lamps)
- Rear lamp assembly
- If an obvious cause for an observed or reported concern is found, correct the cause (if possible) before proceeding to the next step.
Make sure the headlamp switch is in the OFF position.
Make sure the multifunction switch is in the LOW BEAM position.
- If the cause is not visually evident, connect the diagnostic tool to the data link connector (DLC) and select the vehicle to be tested from the diagnostic tool menu. If the diagnostic tool does not communicate with the vehicle:
- check that the program card is correctly installed.
- check the connections to the vehicle.
- check the ignition switch position.
- If the diagnostic tool still does not communicate with the vehicle, refer to the diagnostic tool operating manual.
- Carry out the diagnostic tool data link test. If the diagnostic tool responds with:
- CAN or ISO circuit fault; all electronic control units no response/not equipped, refer to Section 418-00 .
- No response/not equipped for SJB, refer to Section 419-10 .
- System passed, retrieve and record the continuous diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs), erase the continuous DTCs and carry out the self-test diagnostics for the SJB.
- If the DTCs retrieved are related to the concern, go to the Smart Junction Box (SJB) Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Index.
Principles of Operation
- If no DTCs related to the concern are retrieved, GO to Symptom Chart .
The smart junction box (SJB) monitors the multifunction switch position by sending multiple voltage reference signals to the multifunction switch. When the multifunction switch is in the LH or RH TURN positions, or the hazard lamp switch is engaged, that input signal is routed to ground.
When the SJB receives a request for a turn signal or hazard lamps, the SJB supplies voltage to the appropriate turn lamps.