20 Most Recent
Questions & Answers
Passat 4motion running rough
Throttle Body Cleaning on vehicles without electronic throttle control (most 2003 and down)
You can in most cases repair this slow speed stall or unstable idle by cleaning the engine throttle valve and the idle speed control valve using a product called CRC Spray Throttle valve cleaner. Spray the cleaner into the air intake of the engine with the hose removed from the throttle body, the engine will try to stall so hold up the idle speed manually. Once you have used up about 1/2 can of the cleaner stall the engine out while spraying and turn the key off, disconnect the negative battery cable for 5 minutes and then reconnect and drive the car for a about 25 miles of varied driving modes. If this doesn't cure the problem you may need the fuel injectors professionally cleaned by the dealer service dept.
on Jul 11, 2017
I have a problem with 2000 VW Passat. ABS and
Could be many reasons. May be a sensor in the brake system. A garage will have the code readers and will check it. As it's a safety item I would recommend that you refer to a garage right away. The scope of the question us too large to answer with any certainty on here
on Jun 02, 2017
My 2000 vw passet is reving high when going up a
How to check & change oil in automatic transmission on 2000 VW Passat 4Motion:
At the bottom of the automatic gearbox (tiptronic) you will find 2 threaded plugs on below surface. First (in front of the car) is for emptying, and second is for filling up. Tightening torque is 24 Nm.
Automatic Transmission Fluid (ATF) checking:
1. Requirements for check:
1.1. Vehicle standing on level surface.
1.2. Transmission must not be in fail-safe mode.
1.3. Shift lever in "P" position, parking brake applied.
1.4. Engine idling.
1.5. Air Conditioner and heater OFF.
1.6. ATF temperature must not exceed 104 Fahrenheit degree (40 Celsius degree) at start of test.
1.7. Only ATF with designation ESSO LT 71 141 may be used. Do not use any lubricant additives.
1.8. Automatic Transmission Fluid ATF - part number: G 052 162 A2 (1 liter wrapping)
1.9. An ATF level check when transmission oil temperature is too low results in overfilling, when too high results in underfilling.
2. CAUTION: Too much or too little ATF will affect the operation of the transmission. The ATF level must be checked at regular intervals.
3. The oil level is correct if a slight amount of oil runs out when ATF temperature is between 86 Fahrenheit degree (30 Celsius degree) and 113 F deg (45 C deg) (caused by increase of oil level when heated). For warmer climates, 122 F deg (50 C deg).
4. Hang filled ATF reservoir VAG 1924 as high as possible.
5. Shift lever in "P" position, engine running at idle.
6. Place oil drip pan under transmission oil pan.
7. Remove ATF filler plug (at the bottom of the automatic gearbox you will find 2 threaded plugs on below surface. First (in front of the car) is for emptying, and second is for filling up.
8. With ATF temperature between 86 Fahrenheit degree (30 Celsius degree) and 113 F deg (45 C deg), for warmer climates, 122 F deg (50 C deg), a slight amount of oil will flow from filler hole when ATF level is correct.
9. If necessary drain or top off ATF to attain correct oil level. Top ATF with filler hook from VAG 1924 ATF reservoir. Insert VAG 1924 (tool) ATF reservoir filler hook into filler hole and top off until a slight amount of oil flows from filler hole.
NOTE: Fit filler hook into one of the oil deflector cap slots placed on the filler opening.
CAUTION: Do not press filler hook upward or oil deflector cap can be pushed off.
10. Reinstall ATF filler plug. Tightening torque is 24 Nm.
The automatic gearbox oil capacity (drain & refill) is 2,6 ... 3,0 litres. The front differential oil capacity is 0,75 litres. Oil type: SAE 75 W / 90 Synthetic. The rear differential oil capacity is 1,5 litres. Oil type: SAE 90.
Another automatic gearbox type for 2.5 TDI engine:
Front differential versions:
Rear differential versions:
on Mar 29, 2016
How to change thermostat
Well the thermostat is in the frount of the block under the timing cover. The easyist way to change it is take it to a mechanic. Or you will have to take bumper off and start removing all the stuff off the frount of the engine. Look up u tube there are some handy clips. But i would take to machanic.
on Feb 12, 2016
Not finding what you are looking for?