20 Most Recent
- Page 6 Questions & Answers
The hood will not release to open. I released the
So I gather that the release inside the car has release the hood's primary catch, but the T handle is not release the secondary catch to allow the hood to fully open.
If this is the case, take some lithium grease or WD-40 (lithium grease is much better and lasts much longer) and spray it onto the catch assembly.
Try pulling on the T handle some more after a few minutes of the grease soaking in and see of that releases.
If that doesn't work, then take a long flat screw driver and press it against the catch gently hit the screw driver with a hammer (you should be trying to push the catch towards the driver's side of the car)
You may need someone to be pulling on the T handle as you hit the catch with a hammer. I actually had to do this with a jetta before....
on Jan 09, 2012
I have an interesting problem with my 01 Passat.
The turn signals use one flasher and emergency uses another one. You can exchange the two (usually) for a quick check. The bad one will move to the other system when swapped, emergency flashers now don't work but the turn signals do. If this is the case go get a new flasher and replace it.
on Dec 31, 2011
The radio is asking me a code I don't have the
You must have the security anti-theft code for your VW radio from the car manufacturer, or from a VW dealer!
You can find the radio code at: http://www.radio-code.co.uk/
The sequence of VW radio programming is:
1. Push simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys until on the screen will appear "1000" displayed.
2. Release keys. No more push on "SCAN" and "RDS" keys because otherwise number "1000" will be considered as first safe code attempt.
For example: we have the security code "5079". Then:
3. By the no.# 1 key you will set up the first safe code digit. Push 5 times on the no.# 1 button. The "5" number will be setted.
4. By the no.# 2 key you will set up the second safe code digit. Push 10 times on the no.# 2 button. The "0" number will be setted.
5. By the no.# 3 key you will set up the third safe code digit. Push 7 times on the no.# 3 button. The "7" number will be setted.
6. By the no.# 4 key you will set up the four-th safe code digit. Push 9 times on the no.# 4 button. The "9" number will be setted.
7. Then push again simultaneous "SCAN" and "RDS" keys for confirm this safe code. On the screen will be displayed "SAFE" notice. Release keys! For few seconds a radio frequence will be displayed.
The radio is now ready for use!
on Sep 08, 2011
98 passat # 2 missfire
If your getting a P0302 ( cylinder #2 misfire detected), the first thing to check is the spark plug. If it's new then the next thing to check is the plug wire. If it has individual coils, then swap it out with another one and see if the misfire moves too. If so then the coil is faulty.
on Aug 24, 2011
Not finding what you are looking for?