Iron tips: 30,000 miles
Platinum tips: 60,000 miles
Irridium tips: 100,000 miles
0.039-0.043 inch gap , use 39 thou.....!
how to change,
are you saying this is the first spark plug you have ever replaced?
then read this. first.
do yo know how to get spark boots off with out wrecking them>?
engine size state, nice that....
fsm quotes for real engine.
- Spark plug cable center cover and remove the spark plug cables
- remove spark plug using a spark plug socket, (3/8" drive)
- to know size tool , buy the spark plugs first and measure it.
- if boots are tight do not force them. twist gently or use a very narrow, rod or long skinny screw driver to break the sticky gum there. i have a special tool for this.. ask.(air tool)
- with the plugs unscrewed, and if in deep wells, look for oil down the hole, if full of oil , the Valve cover gasket is bad an this tuneup ends. fix that first. if not full of oil we use one of 3 tools to pull the plug. a 1/4?"did hose. or my mag pickup wand or my grabber wand. this is SOP. standard op. proceedures on all welled plugs.
this is engine has coil packs,, seen below.
see those high voltage wire, they go to 6 spark plugs
remove covers to see boots on sparks, twisth me gently
i would buy new NGK blue mag wires. and replace all wire.
if near or over 100k miles.
yellow arrow is the Ignition coil pack.