What does ICDE mean on a Getz stereo MP3 player
Did you remove the battery or jump-start the car recently? that gives your radio an ICDE error.
To fix it:
Easy fix - firstly, you'll need to remove the stereo to get to the serial number.
Have the following tools ready, either:
a) 2 metal rulers
b) 1 metal ruler and 2 kitchen knives you don't mind bending
c) 2 kitchen knives and one fork you don't mind bending
d) possibly 2 forks will also work
Okay, here goes (I used option c):
1) use a kitchen knife to remove the black plastic border around your stereo.
2) on either side you should see the metal bracket and a smaller metal flap - place your fork between the bracket and the flap on the left hand side. jam it in quite far, so it can release the internal clips.
3) place your knives so that the flat (non-cutting) edges are touching and jam it in on the right side (basically so it works like a metal ruler for the clips, which I didn't have on hand)
4) use leverage to prise the whole unit out slightly. You can then remove it by hand. You don't need to remove it fully, you just need to see the serial number, which is on the top in the upper, right corner.
5) take the last 4 numbers of the serial and do some maths! You need to add 1/2/1/2 to the numbers in sequence. For example, if the last 4 numbers are 9462 then your maths should give you 0674 (9 1, 4 2, 6 1, 2 2). Another example is 1234=2446. Remember the number you end up with!!
6) start the electrics of your car (2 key turns). The radio should say ICDE.
7) For this example, pretend the number you ende dup with is 0674. Press the "1" on your stereo until the first number after ICDE says 0. Press "2" until the second number says 6. "3" until the third says 7 and "4" until the fourth says 4. You should end up with the display saying: "ICDE0674". Press the "5" on your stereo and MAGIC, your radio is working again!!
8) push the stereo back in at re-attach the face plate.
p.s. I accept no responsibility if you get zapped or break anything while trying this. I may feel a bit guilty (but not responsible, remember) if I hear on the news that you got zapped though. enjoy your tunes!
on Jul 10, 2018