20 Most Recent
- Page 6 Questions & Answers
Gas cap release won't open
- Well there are a couple things that could be going on. And the year and model of Subaru would help but I can give some things that will help for any vehicle in this situation. Try those and if they do not work I will need the year and model of Subaru so I can instruct how to get to the cable and door.
- You can try having someone hold the gas lever while you go try to manually pull the gas door open. Sometimes the plastic ring from the cap gets caught in the door and wedges it closed. Also sometimes that little metal tab gets bent a bit and and a simple pull on the gas door release handle will not pop the door open.
- Check to make sure the latch is not broke where it connects to the cable. The gas door release tabs are made of plastic and often break. Should this be the case often times you can take a pair of needle nose pliers in there and grab the wire going to the door and pull out and up a tad releasing the door.
- On some vehicle you can take the panel off that surrounds the gas cap door and removing a screw and housing and remove a couple more screws and then you can see the screw that sets the tension to the door.
- Sometimes the cable runs under the seat and the carpet has to be pulled up to get to the cable.
- You can take a really small Flathead screwdriver and take a handkerchief over the tio or it (to prevent scratching) and try to gently pop the door open while someone is holding the door latch open. Many times it will pop open and adjusting that little metal tab or the spring on the gas door fixes this issue.
- Hope this helps and thank you for using FixYa
on Jun 19, 2011
Replacing HeadLight Bulbs on 2006 Tribeca (Left side)
Step 1: Loosen up battery housing and move battery to the side.<br />
2: Unscrew plastic cap.<br />
3: Pull off electrical connectors.<br />
4: Un hook retaining clamp (good luck with this one)<br />
5: Pull bulb out<br />
6: Put new bulb in without touching bulb (again good luck with that)<br />
7: Re connect retaining clip<br />
8: Re connect wiring (guess which one goes where)<br />
9: screw on cap<br />
10: Tighten battery housing <br />
11: Be prepared to have to do it all again if the bulb is not secure or blows in 5,000 miles! <br />
on Nov 07, 2010 | Subaru Tribeca Cars & Trucks
How do I change the clock on a 2008 subaru tribeca
With the key in the ignition turned enough to engage the system and turn on the navigation system's control panel in the center of the console. Hit the "menu" button, go to the navigation part of the menu like you were going to input a trip, and there you will see the "clock" button.
on Dec 02, 2009
How do I change a low beam headlight on an 08
We have an 05 Legacy and I've done this. Tribeca should be the same way: Look through the engine bay behind the light, you can locate the position by following the wires which actually connect to the bulb assembly. The bulb assembly ought to be removable with a 1/4-1/2 turn and pull motion. Be sure to not touch the replacement bulb with your bare hands. Your Subaru service ought to help you with this and not charge you......
on Oct 18, 2009
Not finding what you are looking for?