2009GMC acadia code po497
DTC P0497: Evaporative Emission (EVAP) System No Flow During Purge
The control module tests the evaporative emission (EVAP) system for a large leak, or a stuck closed EVAP canister purge valve. The control module monitors the fuel tank pressure (FTP) sensor signal to determine the EVAP system vacuum level. When the conditions for running are met, the control module commands the EVAP canister purge valve OPEN and the EVAP vent valve CLOSED. This allows engine vacuum to enter the EVAP system. At a calibrated time, or vacuum level, the control module commands the EVAP canister purge valve closed, sealing the system, and monitors the FTP sensor input in order to determine the EVAP system vacuum level. If the system is unable to achieve the calibrated vacuum level, or the vacuum level increases too slowly, a DTC sets.
• A loose, missing, or damaged fuel fill cap can cause this DTC to set.
• A stuck closed, blocked, or restricted EVAP canister purge solenoid valve, can cause this DTC to set.
• A blockage or restriction in the EVAP canister purge solenoid valve vacuum supply hose, EVAP canister purge solenoid valve purge pipe, EVAP canister, or vapor pipe, can cause this DTC to set.
• A temporary blockage in the EVAP canister purge solenoid valve, purge pipe or EVAP canister could cause an intermittent condition. Inspect and repair any restriction in the EVAP system.
• To help locate intermittent leaks, use the J 41413-200 Evaporative Emissions System Tester (EEST) to introduce smoke into the EVAP system. Move all EVAP components while observing smoke with the J 41413-SPT High Intensity White Light. Introducing smoke in 15 second intervals will allow less pressure into the EVAP system. When the system is less pressurized, the smoke will sometimes escape in a more condensed manner.
• To improve the visibility of the smoke exiting the EVAP system, observe the suspected leak area from different angles with the J 41413-SPT .
• Observe the Freeze Frame/Failure Records vehicle mileage since the diagnostic test last failed may help determine how often the condition occurs that caused the DTC to set. This may assist in diagnosing the condition.
GMC Acadia Cars...
on Mar 20, 2019