Lincoln Town Car - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
After changing battery in 2003 Lincoln Town Car the power driver's seat, and power mirrors not working. How can this be reset?
When changing a battery alternate power supply should be hooked up so modules an radio don't lose settings .
To get working again you would need to hook up a factory scan tool ,check codes , see if the control module for those systems can talk with the scan tool etc.... IF not , module would need to be replaced .
- Verify the customer's concern.
- Visually inspect for obvious signs of mechanical or electrical damage.
Visual Inspection Chart
- Damaged exterior rear view mirrors
- Damaged interior rear view mirror
- Battery junction box (BJB) fuse(s):
- Central junction box (CJB) fuse(s):
- 17 (10A)
- 18 (7.5A)
- 28 (10A)
- 30 (7.5A)
- Damaged battery junction box (BJB)
- Damaged central junction box (CJB)
- Damage to wiring harness
- Loose or corroded connections
- Damaged exterior rear view mirror control switch
- If the inspection reveals obvious concerns that can be readily identified, repair as necessary.
- If the concern remains after the inspection, connect the diagnostic tool to the data link connector (DLC) located beneath the instrument panel and select the vehicle to be tested from the diagnostic tool menu. If the diagnostic tool does not communicate with the vehicle:
- check that the diagnostic card is correctly installed.
- check the connections to the vehicle.
- check the ignition switch position.
If the diagnostic tool still does not power up, refer to the diagnostic tool manual.
- Carry out the diagnostic tool data link test using the diagnostic tool. If the diagnostic tool responds with:
- SCP+, SCP- or ISO circuit fault; all electronic control units no response/not equipped refer to Section 418-00 .
- No response/not equipped for Driver Door Module (DDM), refer to Section 419-10 .
- No response/not equipped for Driver Seat Module (DSM), refer to Section 419-10 .
- If the DDM is not listed for a communication concern, turn the ignition switch to RUN, make sure all doors are closed, retrieve and record the continuous diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs), erase the continuous DTCs, then execute the Self-Test Diagnostics for the DDM. If the DDM exits diagnostic state during the self-test and returns to normal operation state, refer to Section 419-10 .
- If the DSM is not listed for a communication concern, turn the ignition switch to RUN, retrieve and record the continuous diagnostic trouble codes (DTCs), erase the continuous DTCs, then execute the Self Test Diagnostics for the DSM. If the DSM exits the diagnostic state during the self-test and returns to a normal operating state, refer to Section 419-10 .
- If the DDM DTCs retrieved are related to the concern, go to the Driver Door Module (DDM) Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Index to continue the diagnostics.
- If the DSM DTCs retrieved are related to the concern, go to the Driver Seat Module (DSM) Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) Index to continue the diagnostics.
- If no DTCs related to the concern are retrieved, go to the Symptom Chart to continue the diagnostics.
on Mar 08, 2019
CAR WILL NOT START
you must be more specific when you turn the key does the engine crank and try to turn over or is there no power at all(this means you turn the key and there is nothing no dash lights nothing)or is there lights but no cranking you see you need to supply more info to help me help you or anybody else
on Mar 06, 2019
Turn signal flasher on a 1998 Lincoln Town Car
Doesn't have a turn signal flasher , use's lighting control module .
Turn Signal and Hazard Lamps
The turn signal system consists of:
- turn signal miniature bulbs (13465).
- turn signal indicators in the instrument cluster (10849).
- lighting control module.
- multi-function switch (13K359).
- circuit wiring and circuit protection.
Power is supplied to the lighting control module through instrument panel Fuse 6 (10A). This fuse is hot in START or RUN. The lighting control module is connected to the turn signal switch portion of the multi-function switch. Ground is provided to the lighting control module and the turn signal miniature bulbs through Circuit 57 (BK).
Turn signal functions are performed by double filament bulbs in lamp assemblies located next to the headlamps. The turn/hazard function uses the second filament of the appropriate bulb(s).
- With the multi-function switch in the right turn position, power is supplied to the RH front and rear turn signal miniature bulbs and the right turn indicator in the instrument cluster.
- With the multi-function switch in the left turn position, power is supplied to the LH front and rear turn signal miniature bulbs and the left turn indicator in the instrument cluster.
on Feb 28, 2019
How to reset the change oil light for a 2007
FIRST press and release the setup button to display oil life= xxx
then press and hold the reset button for about 2 sec it should then display oil life set to 100%
Just pressing the reset button when the change oil light comes on while driving will not reset the computer
on Feb 24, 2019
Not finding what you are looking for?