2003 GMC yukon SLE Driver side WIndow switches how do i replace them?
How do you know they need to be replaced ? The switches incorporate a electronic module . Driver door module .
Power Window System Components
The power window system consists of the following components:
• Driver Door Module (DDM)
• Passenger Door Module (PDM)
• Body Control Module (BCM)
• RR power window switch
• Window up and window down relays in each of the rear passenger window switches
• Window lockout switch
• Reversible power window motors in each of the doors (circuit breaker protected)
• LT DOOR CB 25A (System power for left windows)
• RT DOOR CB 25A (System power for right windows)
Power Window System Controls
The power window system will operate anytime the Retained Accessory Power (RAP) system is active or when the ignition switch is in the ACCY or ON position.
The DDM contains four power window switches which are integral components. Closing any of the normally open, rocker type switches provides the DDM with a request for power window operation. The switches for the two front windows have three positions UP, Down and Express Down, while the switches for the rear windows have only two positions, UP and Down. Each of these switches and their positions is a direct input into the DDM. Upon receiving a request for power window operation, the DDM, transmits a Class 2 message indicating the switch and it's changed position.
The PDM contains a single power window switch that is an integral component. Closing of this normally open, rocker switch provides the PDM with a request for the front passenger power window operation. The switch for the front passenger window has two positions Up and Down. Each of these switch positions is a direct input to the PDM.
The two rear passenger doors have there own switches. Each of the switches contain a power window up and down relay. A switch activation alone can control the up and down functions of the rear windows. However the BCM, upon receiving a Class 2 message from the DDM, can control the set of relays which will activate the rear window motors.
The door locks operate the same way .
Door Lock System Components
The power door lock system consists of the following components:
• The driver door module (DDM)
• The passenger door module (PDM)
• The body control module (BCM)
• The driver information center (DIC)
• The rear door lock switch
• The door lock relay
• The door unlock relay
• The liftgate lock relay--utility vehicles with liftgate only
• The reversible door lock actuators in each of the doors and liftgate
• LOCKS 20A fuse (rear lock/unlock relay supply voltage)
• ECC 10A fuse (liftgate lock relay supply voltage)
What's not working ? Windows , power locks ?
Hooking up a professional type scan tool ,not a code reader . Code reader can not read codes in the BCM or door modules . Do you know what a DTC is ? diagnostic trouble code >All these can set for door electronic problems .
DTC B1544, B1600, or B1605
DTC B1580, B1590, B1610, or B1620
DTC B1640 or B1645
GMC Yukon Cars &...
on Apr 17, 2019