Audi A6 - Recent Questions, Troubleshooting & Support
How do you change front brake pads on an Audi A6
How to change front brake pads & rotors (brake disc) on 2006 Audi A6:
Don't disconnect any brake line from caliper!
Don't disconnect any ABS sensor!
For change front brake pads you must raise vehicle, remove wheels, extract the retaining spring of the caliper, and remove the caliper as follow:
1. Do not disconnect the brake hose from the caliper, and do not allow the caliper to hang by the brake hose!
2. Remove top and bottom caps (on back side of the caliper) for access to guide pins, then unbolt and remove them from the brake carrier. Remove the caliper.
3. Now you must thoroughly clean the brake calipers (free of grease).
4. Remove outer brake pad from brake carrier.
5. Pull inner brake pad out of brake caliper piston.
6. Remove brake carrier from wheel bearing housing (two ribbed bolts). 125 Nm
7. Remove brake disc from wheel hub.
8. Install brake carrier on wheel bearing housing. Tightening torque for two ribbed bolts = 125 Nm.
9. Check up the brake fluid level on the reservor, and emptying if neccessary!
10. Push piston back into brake caliper housing.
11. Install inner brake pad (with expanding spring) in brake caliper piston. (Arrow marked on pad - if exist, must point in direction of brake disc rotation when vehicle is moving forward).
12. Install outer brake pad into brake carrier.
13. Bolt brake caliper housing to brake carrier using two guide pins. Tightening torque is 25 Nm.
14. Install both caps.
15. Insert retaining spring into brake caliper housing. Important: Depress the brake pedal firmly several times while the car is stationary so that the brake pads adjust to their normal operating positions!!! Check brake fluid level and top up if neccessary!!!
2006 Audi A6
on Feb 17, 2019
2007 holden captiva air bag light staying on
WOW! thank you very much about your tips!! I fix my airbag light just moving the yellow wire under my driver seat at NO COST!!
I got Captiva LX 2007 and the airbag lights on for month and I know Holden dealer charge a lot for any repairs!
Airbag light on - fixed now!! Thanks again!
Now i need to fix my Engine light - Holden dealer quote me for 4K-6K to replace the timing chain..
I got quote from the local mechanic for $2400 ---- a lot cheaper!!
1999 Audi A6
on Oct 20, 2018
Audi 2.4 v6 coolant leak from behind engine bay,
no, just seals, get under it and see where it's coming from, some models have hoses back there, go to place with lift and ask them if they can put it on lift to see where leak is coming from, or use car ramps "$50.00" new and drive up on them and see for your self...
Audi A6 Cars &...
on Sep 23, 2018
AUDI A6 RADIO CODE
I just posted a solution for this problem. It comes straight from the radio manual. The dealer should have told you this. If you want him to do it he'll charge money for his time. IF YOU LOST YOUR CODE. THE DEALER CAN HELP YOU OR IF YOU HAVE YOUR 4 DIGIT CODE:
2002 Audi A6
on Apr 01, 2018
Not finding what you are looking for?